Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Finally an Update!

I cannot tell you how thankful I am to be here in beautiful Sedona. I have never experienced a more beautiful display of God's creation. I have been attempting to upload pictures, but for some reason my computer is not cooperating (the joys of technology), so I will have to rely on facebook and instagram for now.
 Today was my first full day on the Gerson therapy. I just finished my  tenth 8 oz. glass of juice for the day (which is equal to 12 lbs. of fruits and veggies). We also receive three full gourmet vegan meals a day...waaaayyyy too much! After all of that juice it's hard to eat anything! Everyday we have at least one activity...yoga, art therapy, nutritional class, etc. I'm looking forward to tomorrow where we will have a cooking class teaching us how to make vegan sauces.
There are currently three other patients here (all with cancer), and they have all taken me under their wings. They have all been here for a little while, so they're showing me the ropes. Also Doctor Susie is awesome...she is a homeopathic doctor, but she is also a medical doctor which is nice. I will be meeting with one of the doctors every day while I'm here for checkups.
Thank you to all of you who have been praying...I feel the presence of God here. I have only been here for two complete days, but I know the Lord directly led us to this place. I am so blessed to be here and have this opportunity, and I fully realize that I would not be here without the Lord's provisions. Learning proper nutrition and how to take care of this temple the Lord created is a privilege. My specific prayer request is that when I return, my oncologist will be amazed with my progress and other will see the goodness of God.
Well, I know that was a REALLY quick update, but I am will post more in the next day or two. I will also work on getting photos up....hopefully! Sending my love to all of you...

xoxo,
lori jo 

1 comment:

  1. Lori,
    So excited for all you are learning. Praying for you daily. Love the Brossards

    ReplyDelete